Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day



I never really liked Valentine's Day. I like the chocolate, but chocolate is year-round. I was at the senior fundraising Valentine's Dinner last night, and that was actually enjoyable. I got to dress up with my black skinny-cut black pants, white shirt, waistcoat and tie, and do a couple songs on my acoustic. A bunch of us pulled apart lettuce heads and dunked them into a sink of ice-cold for salads. It's amazing how heavy two buckets of lettuce are. I learned that I cannot cut carrots into paper thin matchsticks, and that Buca spaghetti is the best thing in the world after five hours of serving on half a sandwich and chips. Then I went home and felt like I had scorching metal splinters inserted into my shin bones.

So today was actually Valentine's Day. I'm getting a cold, so I felt like crap. I took Yoshi out to get washed, groomed, teeth brushed and his nails clipped. He smells much nicer now. We saw Coraline, which was amazing. The theater was packed and I failed to understand what movies could possibly entice Valentine couples. "He's Just Not That Into You?" I have my doubts on that.

I liked Valentine's Day last year. I got my first rose from a boy who wasn't my father. But nothing lasts forever, and there will be other roses. I dunno. There's just a lot of pressure. For everyone. I've learned to lower my expectations for men, especially at this age. They're completely clueless. At least the ones I've had experiences with.

2 comments: